Tuesday, January 18, 2011

A TOKEN OF APPRECIATION

2010 left a credence of history for me, it will dwell in the attics of my brains as does the spiraling chains of knowledge hidden in every cell of my body… the year was a long stride, at times dreary, at times incredible, a blend of triumphant and failed combats. But I was been driven by resilience and assurance that God will always see me through intricate times. 2010 was a  year when I learnt to comprehend how it feels to be hurt – to feel hurt in its most violent wrenching forms… all I can say is that I met with adversity’s blast and got bowed to the ground by its fury… the 12 months were as hush as prejudiced jury. 2010 taught me a lesson that in life one makes mistakes, falls down but it’s the getting up that counts. Just like in base ball, you will get a few hits, but most likely you will strike out more than you will get on base. The solution lies in refusing to quit, in finding focus, in relaxing, taking a deep breath and giving it a good swing.  In such times my spur came from Philippians 4 verse 13, “I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me…” My assurance is that a new-year is unfolding, like a blossom, with petals curled tightly concealing the beauty within…
As my own inferno went out, it was rekindled by sparks from several people and this prompted a deep setting cause to think with deep gratitude of those who set ablaze the inferno in me… I might not be able to mention all of you by name, but all I can say is that I am thankful to all of you.
My heartfelt appreciation goes to my family, an eccentric  looking band of characters trudging through life, at times inflicting pain and the solution to soothing it in the instant, loving, laughing, defending and trying to figure out the common trend that bound us all together.  It is a pleasure to thank my all time academic mentor and fellow Manchester United devotee, Mr. Rodgers Dumizulu Manungo whose encouragement and support from the beginning to the end of my first degree and enabled me to develop an understanding of the Human Rights and Peace-building field. I am proud to have been associated with the Child Advocacy Coalition where I had a great time working with a dedicated team to ensure the inclusion of children’s rights in the new constitution of Zimbabwe. The story would not suffice without mention of Harriet Nothabo Ndlovu, Nomaliso Ncube and Bianca Mlambo; I applaud them with delight for making my life easier during my stint at the coalition.
 I had the privilege of monitoring the flawed, elite led and elite manipulated constitution making process under the Matabeleland Civic Society Consortium where life was difficult, at times got susceptible to violence from ZANU PF holldrums who viewed the constitution making process as an arena for partisan struggle for political supremacy because they thought of it as a process of crafting new meta-rules for the political game, rules which will prescribe who has the power. I am grateful to Mziwandile “Thwalimbiza” Ndlovu, Precious Banda and Nothando Christabel Mpofu for heartening me to bear the brunt of the struggle for human rights and sanctity for human life in Zimbabwe. 
I owe my deepest gratitude to my love Nothando Cheryl Sibanda and her younger sister Sibusisiwe Charmaine Sibanda because even at a time when the whole world seemed busy with their own lives, having left me in a lonely trance, I was assured reassured and confident of their undying concern for me. I am also grateful to my friends Suku Ndlovu, Ndabezinhle Tidings Ntonga, Mayibonngwe Darlington Mpofu, Zandile Masuku, Bertha Moyo, Lwazi Hlalani Moyo, Xolani Sthapura Moyo, has been evenly supportive during the year.
My earnest appreciation also goes to Zenzele Ndebele (Radio Dialogue), Dumisani O. Nkomo (Habakkuk Trust), Delta Milayo Ndou (YESAF & Sunday News), Shamisai Esther Gomo and Samkeliso Simapa (CLS), Dumoluhle Mayisa (Bulawayo Agenda) and Precious Banda (NYDT) for the unfailing help and courtesy I received during the year. I am also obliged to all my friends on Face-book for making 2010 worth evoke, you deserve a prolonged applause!!!
Parting short; A fulsome new-year, a fond farewell to the old… to the things that are yet to come and to the reminiscence that you hold…
HAVE AN IMPRESSIVE 2011!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment