Wednesday, September 30, 2015

PRAYER FOR MY DAUGHTER

As i write this prayer i am reminded of the awesome honour of being a father. God granted me the previlege of raising Zinzile Nicole Mpofu, i understand that with the previlege comes great responsibility and hardwork.

Dear God

God i present my darling girl before your throne. Heart still so pure. Lord keep her innocence firmly intact.

Lord the world is a dangerous place in so many ways, I pray for physical, mental and spriritual protection.

Protect her from others and wrong choices and call her to higher standards.

I ask for wisdom and discernment in teaching and preparing her for a life of purity and modesty.

I surrender my desire to control her, I surrender my desire to manipulate her future, I am totally open, dependent and desperate for you to be in control as i let go.

* Let her learn early in life that to obey you, God, is the best way to the life her heart truly desires. [1 Samuel 15:22]

* May she find comfort in your ability, God, to reach her, hold her and rescue her. [2 Samuel 22:17-18]

* Let her find confidence in you, God, even when hard times come and she doesnt know what to do, by keeping her eyes faced on you. [2 Chronicles 20:12]

* May she keep herself under control and not give full vent to people and situations that anger her. [Proverbs 29:11]

* Let her walk in the security of your assigned worth to her. Give her a strong work ethic and health to accomplish all tasks. Give her a heart that desires to extend her hand to those in need. Protect her for the right husband, a man of respect and Godly, honouring. Let her be a woman of joy and laughter, whose Christ centered character is what makes her most beautiful.

I pray that she may rise up over all pressures of life, walk in your unique calling to make history and challenge convention and expectation.

I also pray that she knows the fullness of your grace and the freedom of your forgiveness and that your mercies are new every morning.

I wait in expectation for your providence.

In Jesus Christ's name i pray. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment