Wednesday, September 30, 2015

PRAYER TO MY DIVINE SAVIOUR

Dear God

Jehovah El-Shaddai, Almighty God [Genesis 17:1, Psalms 91:1]. As a truly obedient son i resign myself to your holy will.

You sent your son Jesus Christ who loved me to such a degree as to suffer and die for my salvation. It was for my salvation that He willed to be born in a stable, endured poverty, suffering and sorrow throughout his life and finally experienced the bitter death of the cross.

God, i believe that nothing great is done without suffering, without humiliation and that all things are possible by means of it. My Lord, i also understand that poverty is better than riches, pain better than pleasure, obscurity and contempt than name and ignominy and reproach than honour.

Lord, i beseech you for strength and wisdom in this life full of failure, prejudice, contradictions, coldness and imapatience, contempt, mental darkness, the silence and dryness of hearts.

Oh God, you know the emptiness of my heart. When loneliness looms around me, when my questions are unanswered, when no one seems to care, when i fall deeper into despair, I pray that you let your peace fall upon me, remind me of your unconditional and eternal love for me and assure me of your presece.

Thank you for the great encouragement, comfort and consolation that comes from your Holy Book. You shall always be my "refuge and strength, a very present help in time of trouble". I understand that finite strength is independable and expendable but your finite power is sufficient for my every need.

My God, help me to understand myself and help others to understand me. Im my agony of fear or anger, sadness or loss of self esteem may i find grace to trust you.

Gracious God, i ask for your blessings on my friends who have given their own hearts and souls to deepen and strengthen my own. I pray for those who have walked alongside me when i have not been a faithful friend. When i feel alone, Oh Lord, remind me that my friends are one of your greatest gifts of grace to me.

I submit all my concerns to you, completely trusting in your abundant generosity.

In Jesus Christ's name I pray. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment